Whether you are a casual jogger or a dedicated athlete, you will undoubtedly want to share your healthy lifestyle with your newborn. What better way to do that than with the help of a jogging stroller? These strollers share many common features with traditional strollers, with the added benefit of a slightly stronger build. The type of build that enables you to pick up the pace while you take your baby out for a walk, or a jog rather.
Seeing how versatile these strollers can be, you are bound to have your work cut out for you if you’re not entirely sure what to look for when making a purchase. Given the many characteristics that decent jogging strollers share, a more in-depth understanding of their mechanics may be required when making a choice. To give you some pointers, we thought it would be wise to first look at the ten best jogging strollers the market has to offer right now.
My Top 10 Best Jogging Strollers Recommendations & Reviews
#10 Graco FastAction Sport LX Stroller
The Graco FastAction Sport LX Stroller is a lightweight, durable, jogging stroller that comes with an additional infant car seat. With the ability to hold a child up to 50 lbs, it comes with a 5 point harness that can be adjusted depending on the size of the child.
It also features an adjustable reclining seat that is padded well and ultra-durable construction-wise. Equipped with multiple cup holders, it comes with added storage compartments for parents to store any items they or the child may need during their time out.
- The added infant car seat is definitely a stand-out feature
- It features some pretty sturdy and accommodating storage compartments
- Quite light in weight when compared with other entry-level jogging strollers
- Very flexible when handled at a reasonably fast speed
- Strong construction allows it to take quite a beating before showing signs of damage
- The wheels feel a bit awkward for the first couple of days
- Some people have complained about the oddly sized tray
- The reclining process might take some getting used to
#9 Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller
Featuring a quick fold construction, the Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller is designed with an ultra-sturdy aluminum frame with a special shock absorbing suspension. Equipped with an extra-large top cover, it offers shade from the sun and a large reclining seat that provides added comfort.
Unlike most jogging strollers of its kind, the Joovy Zoom 360 comes equipped with a one-step parking brake and a large storage bin to store your child’s necessities. It also comes with a running leash, an organizer for the parents and a handy portable tire pump.
- The reclining seat is a definite plus, not just for comfort but for protection as well
- It features a large top covers to shade the baby entirely against the sun and rain
- Packs a running leash to provide you with an added level of control over the stroller
- The portable tire pump is bound to help in the long run
- Its sturdy design ensures its long-term durability
- The wheels tend to shake ever so slightly when you pick up the pace
- If you use it too much, the brake might begin to drag to some extent
- Little options when it comes to readjusting the wheels
#8 Schwinn Turismo Swivel Single Jogger
Designed with the latest dual trigger mechanism, The Schwinn Turismo Swivel Single Jogger is made with a durable aluminum frame that ensures the safety of your child at all times. Equipped with a flip open child tray that is molded on, it comes with two cup holders, a parent tray, and two dual fin grip holders.
Suitable for children above 6 months, it is constructed with an easy front swivel wheel that can be manually locked and a special car seat adapter that can hold various car seats from different brands. Unlike most of its kind, this jogging stroller comes with speakers mounted onto the canopy which are compatible with most MP3 players.
- Solid wheels with reliable shock resistance functions for added comfort on rough terrain
- It handles very well at various speeds
- The canopy isn’t attached which offers a wide range of motion options
- Features four cup holders that can be quite accommodating
- Sizeable basket offers even more storage solutions
- Somewhat sticky front wheel for the first few days
- Not exactly compatible with older car seats
- Quite large and bulky which may prove troublesome when it comes to storing it
#7 Graco FastAction Fold Jogger Click Connect Stroller
Light in weight, durable, and featuring a modern design, the Graco FastAction Fold Jogger Click Connect Stroller is one of the best choices if you are an active parent. Featuring a one-hand fold mechanism, most parents find it easy to handle and maintain this stroller while holding your baby at the same time.
Constructed with a strong frame, it comes with a stable front swivel wheel that can be locked for added safety. With a well-cushioned seat, an extra-large canopy and air-filled rubber tires, this stroller is comfortable, convenient, and offers a super smooth ride.
- Features quite a large storage tray underneath the stroller
- Folds up almost entirely which is impressive for its size
- The wheels come off easily when needed
- Very comfortable for babies of all sizes
- It comes with many drink/snack trays for you to use
- Quite bulky even with its impressive foldability
- The canopy doesn’t come forward too much
- A bit heavy when compared with other strollers in its class
#6 BOB Revolution SE Duallie Stroller
The BOB Revolution SE Duallie Stroller is a sturdy lightweight jogging stroller designed with an adjustable suspension system made to provide you and your child with the smoothest ride possible. Featuring an easy two-step foldable frame, it is super easy to transport and is space efficient to an impressive standard.
Offering optimal maneuverability, it comes with a swiveling front wheel that can be locked forward with ease to provide additional stability while jogging or when on rough surfaces. It also comes with a parents snack tray and a car seat adapter that allows an easy and quick fitting of the BOB infant car seat.
- It opens and closes in a timely fashion
- Its decent build makes it very sturdy and durable
- Features easy to use straps that are both reliable and comfortable
- Very comfortable for the baby due to its impressive size
- The wheels are quite large and maneuverable
- It may feel a bit heavy until you get used to it
- Does not have a handbrake or any other quick release sort of stopping mechanism
- A bit expensive by most standards
#5 Graco Fastaction Fold Jogger Click Connect
The Graco Fastaction Fold Jogger Click Connect Baby Travel System is a durable, convenient jogging stroller that comes with an additional Graco Snug Ride Click Connect 35 infant car seat that is rear facing and suitable for toddlers from 4 to 35 lbs in weight. With a one-hand, one-second fold feature, it is super convenient for active mothers.
Equipped with sturdy air-filled tires it offers a smooth ride on any surface. With a front swivel wheel that can be locked when on rough terrain or while jogging, this stroller comes designed with a well-padded, soft reclining seat for added comfort.
- The front wheel locks firmly when you need it to
- Equipped with a car seat that is very accommodating in shape
- Features reliable air-filled tires for added comfort
- Can fold down rather easily in a timely fashion
- Durable construction allows it to take quite a punch
- Massive size makes it a bit uncomfortable for the parents
- The sunshade isn’t very flexible
- The seat does not fold along with the rest of the stroller
#4 BOB Revolution FLEX Jogging Stroller
Featuring a similar suspension to mountain bike, the BOB Revolution FLEX Jogging Stroller comes equipped with air-filled tires, offering a steady ride by most metrics. Thanks to the adjustable handlebar, this stroller is suitable for parents both short and tall in height. Offering optimum stability and mobility, it comes with a swivel wheel that can be easily locked while jogging.
Unlike most jogging strollers of its kind, this one comes with 2-step adjustable folding function, a soft cushioned seat that is well ventilated, and a wide UP50+ canopy that keeps your child safeguarded from the sun at all times.
- Features a very comfortable and adjustable handlebar
- A very comfortable seat makes for a very pleasant experience
- Features a brake that is very easy to deploy when needed
- Comes with a spacious, accommodating basket for extra storage
- Very mobile when pushed at reasonably fast speed
- The tires tend to deflate when used too intensely
- Its collapsing mechanism may take some getting used to
- Rather heavy as far as jogging strollers go
#3 Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Stroller
Featuring extra-large sturdy tires that are designed to roll smoothly over any type of surface, the Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Stroller is suitable for children up to 50 lbs in weight. Designed with a handy parent tray and a child tray with dual cup holders, this jogging stroller comes equipped with a sturdy front swivel wheel that allows easy mobility and can be locked when jogging or while traveling over rough terrain.
It also comes with a soft, reclining seat that is padded, a 5 point harness system, a handy storage compartment, and a wide canopy. Considered as one of the best choices for mothers on-the-go, this stroller is light in weight, convenient, and extremely durable.
- Easy to push even when all its storage compartments are full
- Large tires make for a very comfortable riding experience
- Features an accommodating parent tray for all your personal items
- Pushes very well with little resistance
- The decent build makes it relatively easy to store
- The tires tend to deflate after a while
- May not handle that well on uneven terrain
- Plastic features reduce its long-term durability
#2 Baby Trend Expedition Jogger
Equipped with bicycle-style tires, the Baby Trend Expedition Jogger comes with 16 inch rear tires and a 12-inch front tire that is designed for any terrain. This jogging stroller features a front swivel wheel that can be locked for your child’s safety. It also features a handy tray that allows parents to store up to 2 cups and a storage compartment for holding other important items.
Thanks to the padded reclining seat, this stroller offers optimum levels of comfort for your child. Light in weight and completely foldable, this particular stroller is a lot easier to store than others its size.
- It features a durable top cover that prevents the sun from coming through
- Very easy to push due to its ingenious design
- Large and accommodating parent tray for all your trusted valuables
- Its mobile canopy can be repositioned at any given time with minimal effort
- Easy to assemble straight out of the box
- The pushing bars are quite rigid and hard on the hands
- One foot brake look requires that you take some time getting used to the design
- You have to use both your hands to fold it down
#1 BOB Revolution SE Single Jogging Stroller
Offering optimum maneuverability by most standards, the BOB Revolution SE Single Jogging Stroller is designed with a swiveling front wheel that can be locked for added stability, especially while jogging or when the surface gets rough. Light in weight and constructed with a sturdy frame, this jogging stroller can be easily folded in two steps and is extremely space efficient afterward.
Thanks to the adjustable suspension mechanism, the stroller offers a smooth ride. Featuring a well-padded seat with an adjustable reclining system, it comes with a padded 5-point harness that offers the child an added standard of comfort and security.
- Great shock absorbency allows it to endure any rough terrain
- Its large canopy provides an ample amount of protection for the baby
- Easy to push given its ingenious design
- Can be stored with ease due to its foldable construction
- Sturdy frame and tires make it very durable long-term
- The plastic canopy hangs a bit too low
- Features thin fabrics on the side that tend to tear over time
- its seat and harness could be a bit more comfortable
More products also worth checking out:
What To Look For In A Jogging Stroller
Finding the right jogging stroller can be quite an overwhelming task if you do not have experience using one. Given the sheer variety the market has to offer, one may spend a lot of time judging each stroller on an individual basis. This is because some jogging strollers are so only in name, boasting the type of construction that doesn’t just make it difficult for you to pick up the pace but also exposes you to injuries and general discomfort.
In this respect, sports strollers are perhaps the best for actual jogging but bear in mind that they also offer the least amount of storage space. So to make an informed decision, you must first understand the differences between a jogging stroller and a standard model.
- Differences Between Regular Strollers and Jogging Strollers
- Jogging strollers are wider in size
- They have more leg space than regular strollers
- The brakes are often on the handlebar
- They are usually designed with a hand strap
- They come equipped with larger wheels and an enhanced suspension system
- Fairly heavier than regular strollers, yet light in weight
What To Consider
Seeing how some jogging strollers aren’t marketed as such, it is important to know all the essential features and functions that a good jogging stroller must have. Most of the time, manufacturers refer to these strollers by clever, catchy names that suggest active endeavors, leaving it all to your imagination when making a choice. To avoid that, here is what you should consider when buying a jogging stroller:
Running brakes – Usually located on the handle of the stroller, running brakes help you control the speed of the stroller while you are running. This should not only be seen as a way to control the speed of the stroller but also as a safety feature in the event that you have to make a sudden stop.
Parking brakes – When and if you need to take your hands off the brakes, it is essential for your jogging stroller to have parking brakes. This ensures that the stroller will rest safely in place and will not move unless prompted to do so as deliberately as possible. This is also useful whenever you are trying to retrieve something from the storage compartments or the underside tray.
Adjustable handle – Essential for those parents who are short in height or a little too tall, an adjustable handle helps you raise or lower its height for optimal comfort and convenience. Not just that but an adjustable handle also enables you to find the most comfortable position for you to push the stroller from.
Reclining seat – This helps to improve the comfort levels for your child while you jog, allowing you to shape the way your child will sit when you pick up the pace. At the same time, it enables you to place the baby in a sleeping position whenever you are simply going for a walk.
Front wheel lock – With a front swivel wheel that offers easy mobility and movement, a locking system is essential for when you are running or jogging. This is to ensure you get the stability and smoothness you need and that you can safely park the stroller whenever you want to stop for a rest.
Safety leash – A decent jogging stroller will always have a safety leash to ensure you maintain full control of the stroller while running, keeping the stroller at a close distance for a more care-free jog. This safety leash should not only be comfortable but reliable enough to ensure that you won’t accidentally lose the stroller when you pick up the pace.
Harness – Most decent jogging strollers come with a 5-point harness that can be adjusted to ensure your child’s safety and security at all times. This harness should not only be designed for maximum comfort but with a great deal of consideration for the child’s safety.