New parents quickly find out just how tiresome it can be to constantly have to warm up their baby’s milk before every feeding. Even though it may not seem like a necessity, once you add up all the time you waste warming up baby bottles during the day, it becomes very clear just how important a bottle warmer can be. If anything, they are time-saving devices for the parents rather than necessary baby care appliances.
With that in mind, we should also understand that bottle warmers are mainly designed to be accessible and easy to use, so you shouldn’t really expect too many high-tech features from one unless you got yourself a top-shelf, deluxe model. Instead, you should above all look for versatility, sturdiness, and reliability, features that aren’t exactly reflected by a bottle warmer’s price tag. Let us then find out what are the ten best bottle warmers the market has to offer at this point in time and what features to look for when buying one.
My Top 10 Best Bottle Warmers Recommendations & Reviews
#10 Baby Brezza BRZ0098
The Baby Brezza BRZ0098 can perform sterilizing, warming, and drying baby bottles tasks quickly and efficiently. It is a one-step operation appliance that dries bottles automatically after sterilizing and then switches off automatically. Using natural steam, it kills 99.9% of bacteria in baby bottles, pacifiers, breast pumps, or other accessories in only 8 minutes. It is a multi-purpose machine at its core, one that functions as a sterilizer only, dryer only, sterilizer plus dryer, or even a storage rack depending on your needs. It also has a simple-to-use LCD control panel and holds 6 bottles of any size or shape.
- It can boil at a very hot temperature if you need it for sterilizing bottles
- Strong lid guarantees the safety of the device’s contents
- Can fit up to six bottles at the same time
- It will get the job done in almost half the time other bottle warmers require
- Its versatile build ensures that it can handle different types of bottles
- The strong lid it features can be quite difficult to close at first
- May prove a bit difficult to clean long-term
#9 The First Years Y1058A Night Cravings
Babies can be quite picky about their bottle needs and whether the milk is warm or sufficiently shaken. With a device such as this, you won’t have to rush to the kitchen in the middle of the night to warm up his/her bottle thanks to the warmer/cooler feature this device boasts. It delivers your bottle at the ideal temperature at any given time and without being too demanding operation-wise. Its removable cooler keeps bottles cool for 8 hours, yet the unit can warm a cold bottle in a matter of minutes. This unit also warms baby food jars as well as sterilizing pacifiers.
- It can warm up 4oz bottles in just 4 minutes or less
- Thanks to its auto shut-off feature, it powers down on its own when it’s finished
- The warmer/cooler feature can save you an awful lot of effort in the long run
- Works equally well with slim and thick bottles
- Quite affordable considering all its features
- It does not have an electric cooler
- Might not work with oddly shaped bottles
#8 Philips AVENT SCF281/02
The Philips AVENT SCF281/02 is an innovative microwave steam warmer/sterilizer that keeps your baby’s food items free from bacteria. As such, it kills up to 99.9 percent of bacteria and other germs. It is designed to sterilize up to 4 Classic or Natural bottles at a go, while its compact, lightweight structure makes it travel-worthy. At the same time, its stay-cool grips ensure a safer handling, making sterilizing bottles, breast pumps, cups, and other baby food items easier at home or on the road.
- Boasts a very useful sterilizing feature
- It is very easy to use due to its user-friendly design
- Can accommodate multiple bottles at the same time
- Not as power-hungry as many others in this price range
- Very affordable considering its ingenious features
- Requires that you measure the water before each use
- The warming bowl could be a bit bigger
#7 Kiinde Kozii Bottle Warmer
The Kiinde Kozii Bottle Warmer and Breast Milk Warmer allows you to effectively warm milk or food for your baby, be it in bowls, storage bags, bottles of any sizes, or jars. This bottle warmer is not only easy but also safe to use thanks to its easy-to-read timer, helping you set your desired warming duration by just turning a knob. When the set time has elapsed, the warming automatically stops, avoiding any form of overheating.
- Its capacity to warm bottles quickly is truly impressive
- Due to its sturdy build, it rarely breaks down by itself
- It can fit bottles of almost any size or even jars
- Features a timer that helps you determine the appropriate warming time
- Great customer service in case something goes wrong
- It may be a bit hard to remove the bottles until you get a hang of it
- Does not have a lid like other bottle warmers
#6 Dr. Brown’s Deluxe Baby Bottle Warmer
Dr. Brown’s 855 Deluxe Bottle Warmer is an electric steam bottle warmer you can rely on. Designed to heat up bottles in just a matter of minutes, it is simple to use thanks to its single button operation and features a removable basket that makes it ideal for holding the bottles in a perfect position so that steam directly reaches the inside of each bottle. An included accessory tray is used for holding smaller bottles, which also makes the device easier to clean.
- Does not require you to fill the warmer before every use
- It features a mesh plastic platform that eases up the warming process
- Can heat up bottles in just about 3 or 4 minutes
- Heats up consecutive batches just as efficiently
- Has user-friendly controls that make it very easy to operate
- May not accommodate larger bottles as easily
- Could use an indicator of how much water it contains
#5 Munchkin 11065 Steam Guard Microwave
This is a great bottle warmer/sterilizer from Munchkin, one that eliminates up to 99.9 percent of common bacteria as fast as under 2 minutes. It is compact, lightweight, and features heat-resistant handles and an open-away latch for preventing steam burns. It also accommodates 4 bottles plus 2 breast pump shields at a go and works in any standard microwave. This also recommends it for bottle warming tasks, just as long as they are suitable in size.
- Its sturdy handles make it easy to operate
- Enjoys quite a large capacity that lets you fit two or more bottles at the same time
- The fact that it works inside a microwave is a big plus
- It features sterilizing functions of the highest standard
- Its simple design makes it easy to store
- The lid is a bit hard to take off
- Quite large in size
#4 Tommee Tippee 522010 Closer to Nature
This is a reliable travel baby bottle/food warmer from Tommee Tippee that quickly and effectively heats a baby’s meal anywhere, whether its formula, breastmilk, or baby food. Convenient and portable, this thermal unit stores hot warmer for warming baby food outdoors. Its secure, well-fastened lid ensures zero spills/leaks, which is great considering that it is also phthalate and BPA free. Furthermore, the unit has a compact design that fits in a baby’s diaper bag with ease.
- Its compact design makes it very portable
- Keeps its contents warm for hours at a time
- Can easily be warmed up by using hot water from any source
- It can fit almost any type of bottle
- Features a sturdy construction that makes it very durable
- The lid may rust ever so slightly over time
- Still quite large despite its portable design
#3 Philips AVENT Bottle Warmer
This ingenious bottle warmer from Philips can heat up 4 ounces of milk in as little as 3 minutes. At the same time, it features a convenient defrost setting to help you defrost breast milk and baby food with relative ease. Despite the fact that it is designed to accommodate even the largest of bottles, it is still pretty space-efficient in its own right. Combine that with a user-friendly interface and a sturdier than normal construction and you have yourself one of the best bottle warmers the market has to offer right now.
- A lot better than traditional bottle warmers accessibility-wise
- It can warm up a large amount of milk in a very short amount of time
- Heats up impressively fast
- Its convenient design makes it easy to store
- Can be washed up with ease using any methods you see fit
- Does not have a reliable, inbuilt timer
- Quite bulky in size
#2 Dr. Brown’s 850T Deluxe
Compatible with any baby bottle or food jar by Dr. Brown, this is a great bottle warmer whose refillable water chamber can warm a number of bottles before a refill. It has a simple to read LCD control panel, an audible alarm, and a flashing LCD light showing when the warming process is complete. Furthermore, its single-button start operation warms bottle fast and it integrates a warming cycle memory for repeating the heating time of your choosing.
- No need to refill the warmer after each use
- Does not require that you gauge the amount of water needed for each warming cycle
- It features a mesh plastic platform for added convenience
- Heats up surprisingly fast given its size
- Sturdy construction makes it quite durable long-term
- It only fits narrow bottles
- The lid may exhibit some problems at first
#1 The First Years Y1095A Simple Serve
The First Years Y1095A Simple Serve is a compact bottle warmer that heats bottles quickly and effectively, even angled, straight, wide-kneck or disposable bottles. A measuring vial helps you add water conveniently, then warms your breast milk/formula in a matter of minutes by pressing a button. A light indicator will go off to show warming is complete, which is a pretty useful feature to have. Not only that but it can also warm baby food jars if you use a basket insert, and can even sterilize pacifiers by using the basket with a lid. Overall, it is one of the most versatile bottle warmers money can buy.
- Features a measuring cup to help you figure out the portions
- Enjoys a very user-friendly design that makes it easy to operate
- A sturdy construction ensures that it will not leak or spill
- Its versatile nature allows you to also sterilize the bottles after using them
- A lot faster than most bottle warmers in this price range
- Requires that you fill the measuring cup before each use
- May cause a little burning on cheap bottle types
More products also worth checking out:
What To Look For In A Bottle Warmer
We should all agree at this point that bottle warmers are somewhat necessary for new parents and that the traditional way of holding the bottle against the hot water tap is a lot more tiresome and potentially dangerous. With bottle warmers, you get the comfort of not having to handle the bottles yourself, with the added benefit of a much faster warm-up time. Combine that with the sterilizing function that many of these devices have, and you begin to understand why these bottle warmers are so popular in the first place. Let us then find out what makes a good bottle warmer and what to look for when buying one.
Safety is paramount with any devices that you handle around children for obvious reasons, and this is precisely the first thing you have to consider when buying a bottle warmer. The last thing you want is for such a device to blow out and to spread hot water everywhere. Fortunately enough, most of the good bottle warmers being sold nowadays are packed with several safety features to prevent just that, without them interfering with the efficiency of the devices in any way.
The second thing you want to consider is just how quickly the device works and how much effort you have to put into it. For the most part, bottle warmers are fairly simplistic in nature, with just one or two buttons that you have to push to get them going. In terms of the actual time they need for an efficient warming process, you can expect most bottle warmers to get the job done in between 3 and 12 minutes depending on the model, its comprising technologies, and the size.
Ease Of Use
Like we already pointed out, most of these devices aren’t too hard to operate, in the sense that they rarely feature more than two or three buttons that you have to push to get them working. Still, depending on the model, some of these bottle warmers may also feature sterilizing properties and the capacity to warm the bottles up based on a timer. If that is the case, you can expect some devices to not only have a few other buttons but additional levers and measuring instruments that you have to pay close attention to.
Another thing you want to pay attention to is how many bottles the device can fit and whether they have to meet certain size restrictions. With a top-shelf bottle warmer, you shouldn’t have any problems heating up just about any type of bottles but bear in mind that large bottles may require an equally large heating tray. In that regard, a decent bottle warmer should accommodate narrow or wide-mouth bottles of any material without any issues whatsoever.
You also want to consider the type of warming such a device employs because the technology may vary between models ever so slightly. While some of these warmers employ a ‘water bath’ type of warming that involves filling the device with water and waiting for it to slowly rise in temperature, other use a ‘steam heat’ method that’s pretty self-explanatory. Needless to say, the ones that use steam heat are a bit faster, they do tend to also heat up the exterior walls of the device, which may cause some injuries if you’re not careful.
As we already pointed out, different bottle warmers use different heating methods, including different procedures in preparation of the actual warming process. Some bottle warmers need you to add water before each use whereas others benefit from an inbuilt reservoir that does all the job for you. The latter also guarantees that you can go through several warming cycles before having to change the water inside the reservoir.
Auto Shut-Off Feature & Timer
If you can, try to purchase a bottle warmer with an auto shut-off feature that prompts the device to turn itself off after each cycle. Interestingly enough, most of the good ones usually incorporate such a feature but it’s not something you can realistically expect from low-end models. On a related note, look for a bottle warmer with a timer, because these ones usually boast the auto shut-off feature as a default.
Last but not least, you want a bottle warmer that you can clean without too much effort in a relatively short amount of time. Even though you shouldn’t expect too much of a cleaning job anyway, you don’t really want to spend unnecessary time cleaning the bottle warmer if you could use that time more productively. Having said that, unless you spill milk or any staining liquid on the device, there is really no need for you to clean the device too often. The biggest issue in this respect is that of the mineral deposits which may form on the device over time, a problem that might prompt some deeper cleaning.