Parents have a number of options when they’re looking for a piece of equipment that not only frees up their hands but keeps their baby safe. Some of the options include swings, rockers, and gliders. However, there’s one piece of equipment that’s especially useful, and that piece of equipment is called a bouncer. Baby bouncers give the baby a place to lay and allow the babies to gentle bounce themselves, stimulates the baby.
There are a number of great bouncers available to parent’s nowadays, too. There seems to be a model for just about every parent, and each one of these models seems to have their own features. And that can make it difficult for parents trying to choose the best model for their babies. Below are some of the models which should please just about any baby and make these baby’s parents a whole lot happier.
My Top 10 Best Baby Bouncers Recommendations & Reviews
#10 Fisher-Price Kick ‘n Play Musical Bouncer
Babies can not only bounce in this nice device, but they can do it musically thanks to some pretty cool features. This product has two musical settings and has lights that dance to the music’s beat. This product also has a removable toy bar that has two toys on it, and it also has a vibration feature that can soothe the baby. This bouncer is adjustable and has a 3-point harness that makes this unit safer to use. It also has a removable seat pad that’s easy-to-clean and can simply be tossed into a washer when it’s dirty. All of these features come together to make this an easy-to-use bouncer that many parents will enjoy using.
- Has A Vibration Features
- Removable Toy Bar
- Removable Seat Pad
- 3-Point Harness
- Goes Through Batteries Quickly
- Toys Could Be Better
#9 Bright Starts Playful Pinwheels
This jungle-themed bouncer not only provides the smooth bouncing motion that babies love, but it also has spinnable toys that give the child some much-needed activities. This product is made with extremely soft fabrics and is designed so that it’s easy to clean. It also has a 3-point harness for safety. This unisex baby bouncer can be used for both girls and boys, and it’s adorned with characters that are visually stimulating to children. This bounce also has a vibrating feature which helps the baby relax, and a toy bar which can be removed easily when it’s no longer needed.
- Visually Stimulating Design
- Removable Toy Bar
- The incline Is Too Steep
- Toys Could Be Better
#8 Fisher-Price Woodsy Wonders Deluxe
This stylish bouncer doesn’t have a whole lot of features, but the ones it does have are pretty good. This unit bounces up and down with the child’s natural movements, but it also can vibrate for up to 20-minutes. Another feature which can be found in this unit is that it can also play sounds and music and has an easy-to-use volume control. It also has a mobile with two soft toys that give the baby something to play with while they’re in the bouncer. Finally, this product is easy to clean thanks to its machine washable seat pad that can be removed from the bouncer and thrown into a washing machine.
- It Has A Nice Design
- Has Music, Sounds & Vibration Features
- Come With Soft Toy Mobile
- Babies Can Kick Front Console
#7 Fisher-Price My Little Snugapuppy Deluxe
This high-quality bouncer is designed with the child’s comfort in mind and is made with fabrics that are extra soft and very comfortable. This unit has a supportive headrest so that it can be used with smaller children and it comes with a 3-point restraint for comfort. It’s very lightweight and is easy to move from one room to another, yet has non-skid feet which help to make it extremely secure. It has a removable seat pad that’s easy-to-clean and is machine washable. Other great features which can be found on this great bouncer include a removable mobile that features a puppy and a kitty hanging toy, a vibrating feature and over 20-minutes of sounds and music.
- Very Comfortable Design
- 20-Minutes of Music & Sounds
- 3-Point Restraint System
- Vibration Could Be Better
- Doesn’t Work Well For Newborns
#6 Evenflo Exersaucer Bounce & Learn
This portable bouncer has a number of features which make it very useful to parents. It has a 360-degree spinning seat that allows the child to reach, turn and stretch, and enables the child to work on his motor skills while he’s in the chair. This product can also be set to one of three different height adjustments, so it can be fit to a number of different baby sizes. It also has a number of toys on it which can keep just about any baby occupied for a long time. Although it doesn’t provide music or sounds like some other bouncers provide, it still does a good job of keeping the child busy.
- 360-Degree Spinning Seat
- Height is Adjustable
- Great Toy Selection
- Doesn’t Play Music
#5 Fisher-Price Baby’s Bouncer
A number of great features can be found on this bouncer. It has an adjustable 3-point harness that keeps the baby from spilling out and makes it safer to use. It also has a vibration option that’s paired with a comfy baby seat and allows the baby to be soothed while it’s bouncing. This product also has 2-spinners and a rollerball, so the child always has something to play with. Other features include a seat pad with a gender-neutral design that can be washed easily and has legs that are nice and wide for stability. Overall, it’s a great bouncer that’s sure to keep the baby entertained and happy.
- 3-Point Safety Harness
- Gender-Neutral Design
- Has A Vibration Option
- Battery Doesn’t Last Very Long
#4 Fisher-Price Pink Ellipse
This vibrant, bright pink bouncer is not only comfortable for the baby to bounce, but it’s also has a design that helps to visually stimulate the child. It also has a removable toy bar that includes both giraffe and zebra spinners, as well as a spinning monkey with rollerball toy that the child can play with. This unit has a padded and extremely soft seat pad that’s machine washable so it’s easy to clean. This product also has an adjustable 3-point harness system that keeps the child in place and helps prevent her from spilling out. Overall, this product is ready to entertain and soothe even the most restless of babies.
- Has A Vibrating Seat
- Has A Visually Stimulating Design
- Extremely Soft Seat
- Not Very Interactive
#3 Minnie Mouse Peek-A-Boo Activity Jumper
This Minnie Mouse baby jumper has so many toys on it that it needs to have a 360-degree rotating seat. This product comes with 12 different toys, and even has an electronic toy station with lights and sounds. And once the child discovers the peek-a-boo toys that are included on this jumper, the baby will be playing with it for hours. Entertainment isn’t the only great thing about this product, however. It can also be adjusted to four different heights, has a nice stable base, and it’s very easy to adjust. Although it doesn’t adjust downward enough to accomodate some smaller children, for most parents it’s going to be a good bouncer for their home.
- 360-Degree Rotating Seat
- 4-Height Adjustments
- Has A Variety Of Toys
- High-Quality Design
- May Not Adjust Far Enough Down To Accommodate Smaller Children
#2 Fisher-Price Luv U Zoo Jumperoo
Some babies simply aren’t content with just standing or jumping in a bouncer. And that’s why this baby bouncer was developed. When the baby jumps, she’s rewarded with lights, sounds, and music that will keep her entertained. This product also has a number of animal-themed activity toys and a 360-degree spinning seat that allows the baby to explore it all. It has a steel frame that’s very sturdy and stable for baby’s safety. Another key feature of this unit is that it can be adjusted to one of three different heights, so it can accommodate both small, medium and larger babies.
- 3-Different Height Adjustments
- 360-Degree Spinning Seat
- Has A Variety of Different Toys
- Has Music, Lights & Sound
- Some Of The Included Toys Don’t Seem Sturdy
#1 Baby Einstein Neighborhood Symphony
This baby bouncer is specifically designed for babies who love to dance and jump, but it has the quality features that allow it to be used by just about anyone. It has a 360-degree rotating seat that allows the child to reach all of their musical toys that are located on this bouncer. Children can tap the electronic bongo drums, spin the piano to make a sound or even play the little guitar toy to make colorful beans jump. It even has a tambourine shaped mirror that allows the baby to watch herself while she’s playing. Overall, it’s a bouncer that will keep any baby busy, and a busy baby is a happy baby.
- Has A Great Variety of Toys
- Is Very Interactive
- Seat Leg Openings Could Be Bigger
More products also worth checking out:
How To Buy A Baby Bouncer
A baby bouncer is a piece of equipment that not only keeps the baby safe, but it is also one that helps the child stimulate themselves, so parents can get their household chores done. They come in a variety of different styles and each of them has different features. Some of the features are useful to some parents, and other features may be useful to other parents. How can you find out which feature is right for you? Easy, all you have to do is to take a quick look below.
Baby Bouncer Features:
- Battery-Powered or Manual: The first thing that has to be determined by the parent is whether they need a battery-powered unit or one that’s powered by the manual. The majority of the bouncers currently available, bounce up and down when the baby flexes their legs. However, there are some models which gently bounce or vibrate. These models generally need batteries, which they can often go through quite quickly, but they also often have a variety of powered toys and lights to keep the baby occupied as well.
- Safety Harness: Just about every parent agrees that a good baby bouncer has at least a 3-point safety harness. A 3-point harness keeps the baby from falling out of the bouncer and makes it a whole lot safer. There are some models which are beginning to add 5-point harnesses to their bouncers, thereby making them even safer, but at this time they aren’t in widespread use.
- Frame Construction: It’s important to look for a model that has a well-constructed frame, preferably created with a high-quality metal, that’s low to the ground and is fairly wide. It should also be easy to fold up or disassemble, so it can be easily placed into a car.
- 360-Degree Swivel Seats: These seats allow the baby to turn itself in any direction. This enables the baby to play with a larger assortment of toys on models that have toy bars on either side, or it can be used to give the child additional play options.
- Machine Washable Design: It’s also important for the bouncer to have a design that’s easy-to-clean. It should be extremely easy to either wipe off with a sponge, or the cover should be removable so it can be thrown into a washing machine.
- Baby’s Comfort: When choosing a bouncer, it’s also important to keep in mind the baby’s comfort. Parents should also choose a seat that can recline into a number of different positions and has a padded seat.
- Adjustable Height: Most of the higher quality bouncers have height adjustments that allow the parent to choose the right height for the child’s ultimate comfort. If the bouncer doesn’t have this feature, then what can happen is that the child can end up growing out of it too quickly.
- Toy Bars: Toy bars are an extremely important feature for many parents. Although the child being able to stimulate itself by bouncing is a great way for the baby to entertain itself, a toy bar gives the baby even more playful options.
Baby Bouncer Safety Guide
Once a bouncer has been found that has the features the parents and the child needs, it’s time to turn your attention to keeping the baby safe in that device. Although manufacturer’s are making these devices safer by the year, it’s important to keep in mind that any piece of baby equipment can pose a hazard if it’s used carelessly or if it’s not used correctly. Now that we’ve stated that fact, it’s time to talk about some of the things that need to be kept in mind when using one of these baby bouncers.
- Always Read All Instructions: The first thing the parent has to do before using their new bouncer is to read all of its safety instructions. This not only includes how to properly assemble the device and how to use it properly, but it also means that the parent has to read all safety guidelines associated with the device before they place their baby into it.
- Look for A Certification Seal: A lot of the better quality bouncers will have a Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association Seal. This certification tells the parents that the device conforms to current safety standards.
- Follow Recommended Weight & Age Guidelines: Each bouncer has guidelines which tell the parents the age and weight limit for their model. Parents should always take these guidelines seriously and should never try to place a bigger child into a model that’s not designed to accommodate the child’s weight.
- Never Leave The Baby Unsupervised: It’s also important to make sure that the baby is always in the same room with the parent and that the parent keeps an eye on the child at all times.
- Place Bouncer On A Level Surface: The bouncer should never be placed on an elevated surface, a soft surface or one that’s slanted. It also should only be placed directly on an even floor and not on top of cords or other obstructions.
- Don’t Carry The Bouncer With The Baby In It: A lot of parents make the mistake of placing the baby in the bouncer and then trying to carry it by its frame or toy bars. Doing so can result in the bouncer being damage or the baby falling out of it.
- Keep The Bouncer Away From Hazards: The bouncer should never be close enough to hazardous materials that it can pose a safety risk to the baby. This includes keeping the bouncer away from stoves, power cords and other objects that may pose a risk to the child.
- Don’t Depend On It Too Much: Finally, it’s important to for parents to realize that they shouldn’t depend too much on their baby bouncers. A baby shouldn’t spend long periods of time in one of these devices. The baby needs to have access to love and affection from the parents, and a little bit of time just crawling around the floor. This allows them to develop the emotional and physical skills they need to grow into happy and healthy adults.